Computer Programming & Application Development
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
Do you want to be part of a continuously growing, lucrative field? Since computers and information technology touch nearly every aspect of modern life, you have probably noticed that the tech sector is booming. As a result, coding skills are in high demand, with programming jobs paying significantly more than the average position. The Computer Programming and Application Development (CPAD) degree at City College utilizes an interactive hands-on instructional approach to teach you a wide variety of programming languages (C#, C++, Python, etc.), operating systems and servers (iOS, Linux, Windows), and web development. The emphasis in the program is leveraging and customizing existing computer technologies to meet business needs. Upon successful completion of the CPAD program, you are prepared for industry certifications, such as Microsoft Certification Application Developer and Sun Certified Java Programmer.
Computer Programming & Application Development - Associate of Applied Science
This program will cost about $7,660* based on current tuition and fees.*Estimate is in-state tuition for a Montana resident. Tuition and fees are subject to change and do not include books, housing, or supplies.
Detailed Cost Information
|Median Wage (MT)*||$45,850 yearly|
$22.05 per hour
|Median Wage (US)*||$67,990 yearly|
$32.69 per hour
City College entry-level wages of graduates:
|Median Wage (MT)*||$67,540 yearly|
|$32.47 per hour|
|Median Wage (US)*||$82,240 yearly|
|$39.54 per hour|
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Employment Projections; MT Dept. of Labor and Industry, Research and Analysis Bureau
- Windows or Android Application Developer
- Web Developer
- Database Programmer
- Access or Excel Programmer
Examples of where recent City College graduates are working:
- Software Design Associates, Billings, MT
- Risk Stratification Consulting, Honolulu, HI
- Technology by Design, Billings, MT
- Computers Unlimited, Billings, MT
- Montana State University Billings, Billings, MT
- Zoot Enterprises, Bozeman, MT
- Billings Clinic, Billings, MT
- Idaho State Police, Coeur d'Alene, ID
- Microsoft Certification Application Developer
- Sun Certified Java Programmer
ADMISSION TO CITY COLLEGE
- First-time college students must have high school diplomas from an accredited high school, a GED/HiSET, or passed the MSUB Readiness Exam offered through our university.
- Transfer students will need to submit records from all regionally accredited institutions.
|ASSOCIATES OF APPLIED SCIENCE (AAS) Computer Programming & Application Development » »||BACHELOR OF APPLIED SCIENCE (BAS)
Students who earn an AAS degree and want to further their education are able to go on for a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Degree through MSU Billings. Students can focus on various thematic concentrations to earn the BAS degree. Contact Advising & Career Services at 406-657-2240 for further details.
Q: Is this program eligible for financial aid and scholarships?
A: Yes! Please visit our Financial Aid and Scholarships website for more information.
Q: What skills are covered in this program?
- Customize small/medium size program applications for various businesses
- Web development
- Database design
- Intensive study of Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Access)
- Prepare students for the Sun Certified Java Programmer exam as well as the Microsoft Certified Application Developer exams
- Develop a portfolio of applications created for demonstration at job interviews
Q: Can I complete this program fully online?
A: No. Some of the courses in the program's curriculum can be completed online, however most of your courses are only offered in-person on the City College campus. You can learn more about online options by speaking with an advisor at Jacket Student Central.