General Applied Business
It was famously said that “the chief business of the American people is business,” and that certainly holds true today. There are few college degrees as versatile or potentially profitable as a degree in business. At City College, you will learn the basics of the business world in an affordable and personal setting. The General Applied Business AAS gives you an overview of multiple business concepts, from accounting to entrepreneurship. It focuses on the business skills you need, with a few core general education courses to help support it. It is the perfect fit for a student who wants to supplement a previous degree with some business expertise or the student who wants to complete their business education in a two-year time frame. This program is conveniently offered online, utilizing interactive simulations to help you hone your business skills.
General Applied Business AAS
This program will cost about $7,660* based on current tuition and fees.
*Estimate is in-state tuition for a Montana resident. Tuition and fees are subject to change and do not include books, housing, or supplies.
Detailed Cost Information
Customer Service Representative
|Median Wage (MT)*||$31,230 yearly|
|Median Wage (US)*||$32,890 yearly|
Real Estate Broker
|Median Wage (MT)*||$45,520 yearly|
|Median Wage (US)*||$56,730 yearly|
Insurance Sales Agent
|Median Wage (MT)*||$45,290 yearly|
|Median Wage (US)*||$49,710 yearly|
Business Office Manager
|Median Wage (MT)*||$78,420 yearly|
|Median Wage (US)*||$64,940 yearly|
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Employment Projections; MT Dept. of Labor and Industry, Research and Analysis Bureau; (2017)
You will find employment in a variety of settings, such as:
- Small Business Entrepreneur
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Customer Service Representative
- Real Estate Broker
- Business Office Manager
This program is offered in a fully online format. Explore the online course format with Business Instructor, Heather Thompson-Bahm.
»» Explore Course List
ADMISSION TO CITY COLLEGE
- First-time college students must have high school diplomas from an accredited high school, a GED/HiSET, or passed the MSUB Readiness Exam offered through our university.
- Transfer students will need to submit records from all regionally accredited institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I work while in this program?
A: Yes. The General Applied Business AAS program is offered online, so you have the flexibility to complete your degree around your schedule.
Q: What topics are covered in the program?
A: The General Applied Business AAS program covers a wide range of business skills that employers value, such as:
- How to develop a business plan and determine market feasibility
- The essentials of starting, managing, and growing a small business
- Leadership skills for motivation and organizational change, empowerment, and decision making
- Civil procedure and treatment of contracts
- Project management and strategic planning
- Business logistics: transport, inventory, location strategies, customer service goals, and organization control
- Managing customer expectations by building positive customer rapport
- Principles and techniques for selling
- Product development
- Marketing research
- Management concepts: leading, staffing, decision making, appraising performance, and handling disciplinary problems
Q: Will my credits in this program transfer to a bachelor's degree in business?
A: The General Applied Business AAS is designed for students that want to complete their business education in a two-year time frame. If your long-term goal is to complete a bachelor's degree in business, the Business Administration AS degree may be a better fit for you.