General Applied Business
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
You will find employment in a variety of settings, such as:
- Small Business Entrepreneur
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Customer Service Representative
- Real Estate Broker
- Business Office Manager
This program is offered in a fully online format. Explore the online course format with Business Instructor, Heather Thompson-Bahm.
ADMISSION TO CITY COLLEGE
- First-time college students must have high school diplomas from an accredited high school, a GED/HiSET, or passed the MSUB Readiness Exam offered through our university.
- Transfer students will need to submit records from all regionally accredited institutions.
Montana State University Billings is accredited by the Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I work while in this program?
A: Yes. The General Applied Business AAS program is offered online, so you have the flexibility to complete your degree around your schedule.
Q: What topics are covered in the program?
A: The General Applied Business AAS program covers a wide range of business skills that employers value, such as:
- How to develop a business plan and determine market feasibility
- The essentials of starting, managing, and growing a small business
- Leadership skills for motivation and organizational change, empowerment, and decision making
- Civil procedure and treatment of contracts
- Project management and strategic planning
- Business logistics: transport, inventory, location strategies, customer service goals, and organization control
- Managing customer expectations by building positive customer rapport
- Principles and techniques for selling
- Product development
- Marketing research
- Management concepts: leading, staffing, decision making, appraising performance, and handling disciplinary problems
Q: Will my credits in this program transfer to a bachelor's degree in business?
A: The General Applied Business AAS is designed for students that want to complete their business education in a two-year time frame. If your long-term goal is to complete a bachelor's degree in business, the Business Administration AS degree may be a better fit for you.