Forms & Resources
IRB: Institutional Review Board
- Assent Form Example (Word)
IRB Bylaws (PDF)
IBC: Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Application for Biohazardous Materials Research Approval (Word)
- MSUB Conflict of Interest Procedures (PDF)
- Some students have already completed human research training through the National Institutes of Health (NIH). For these students, we accept NIH certificates in lieu of CITI training if you can produce a copy of the certification and if it is newer than three years old.
Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) provides US Department of Health and Human Services links to various compliance, social topics, and special issues of interest to researchers conducting any type of research involving human subjects.
Office of Research Integrity (ORI)
The ORI develops policies, procedures and regulations related to the detection, investigation, and prevention of research misconduct and the responsible conduct of research.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) provides forms, guidelines, and training for animal researchers.
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR)
Human subjects research and Institutional Review Board regulations are federally governed by:
- Health and Human Services Code of Federal Regulations Title 45: Public Welfare Part 46-Protection of Human Subjects
- Food and Drug Administration Code of Federal Regulations Title 21: Food and Drugs Part 56-Institutional Review Boards