Class 5 Provisional Licensure - To Proceed
- Admission through Graduate Studies
Fingerprint & Background Check Information is provided to help you complete a criminal background report. Review the Fingerprint Handout (PDF) and Frequently Asked Questions there. Be sure to submit all five items necessary to obtain a report.
- When notified of your assigned College of Education (COE) advisor, inform them you are seeking a provisional license.
- COE Advisor will complete a formal transcript review for acceptance of coursework for meeting program requirements.
- To be approved, the MSUB Plan of Study must be signed by all parties
- The approved MSUB plan of study, including core content, indicates coursework can be completed within the three-year provisional licensure time frame.
- Candidate submits the OPI document, Plan of Study for Teaching Endorsements to Jennifer Burns
Only the top four lines indicated as “Applicant Information” of the Class 5 Plan of Study Document are to be completed. (Candidate is to submit all other pages of the Class 5 application directly to OPI.)
- The Licensure Officer will submit the completed OPI Plan of Study document to OPI along with a copy of your MSUB approved POS including the Content Coursework.
School Counseling provisional licensure requires a candidate be within four courses of program completion of a Master of Education School Counseling program. The remaining four courses must be reviewed by MSUB faculty for final approval. A candidate must submit the OPI Plan of Study for School Counselor Endorsement document to Jennifer Burns. This document is embedded in the Class 5 Provisional School Counselor License Application application.