College of Business
Our mission is to provide a quality undergraduate business education that focuses on teaching, hands-on (experiential) learning, and community engagement. According to Gallup research, COB experiences such as working on long-term projects, completing an internship, and being engaged in extracurricular activities have a significant effect on students’ success after graduation.
The College of Business provides the following opportunities!
- On average over 25 client-based projects are completed by COB students every year.
- Over 90% of COB graduates are employed after graduation, many of whom started with an internship with the employer while still in school.
- Community connections are enhanced through programs such as the Executives-in-Residence annual program and a number of guest speakers in classes throughout the year.
- For 2015-16 over $100,000 in scholarships were awarded to COB students, demonstrating the support provided to COB students.
Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) provides value:
- Faculty are qualified to teach in their respective areas and maintain current knowledge in those areas.
- Assessment of learning objectives provides information for continuous improvement in student learning and prepares students for their careers.
- The college makes progress on its strategic plan and moves the college forward.
Marketing Students in Dr. AJ Otjen's class produce promotional video:
Miles City Heart of Home