UB serves 75 students from four area high schools:
Since this is a federally funded program, students may be selected based on the following criteria:
- Completion of the eighth grade.
- Interest in attending a college after high school.
- Neither parent or legal guardian(s) has graduated from a four year college/university.
- The participant meets certain income requirements.
- Students with disabilities. Please contact our office for additional information.
- Complete Application
Upward Bound is a college preparation program. Students are encouraged to maintain at least a ‘C’ average in high school, attend UB meetings and actively participate in the program.
Candidates must complete an application. Applications can be obtained through your high school counselor or by our office. Applications cannot be submitted via email. There are several sections that require signatures and dates to be filled in by hand.
After applications have been reviewed, eligible candidates will be scheduled for a personal interview. After careful consideration of grades, teacher & counselor recommendations, and the personal interview, students will be selected. Those not selected will be placed on a waiting list.
ALL of the services and activities provided by UB are at NO COST to participants or their families. The resources used are viewed as an investment in each student's future. Our goal is to give every UB participant an opportunity to start and complete a post secondary education.