Online you can earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Public Relations degree!
We encourage students to work with an Academic Advisor to:
- Successfully meet all major degree requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Public Relations
- Have any previous credits evaluated for transferability
- Fulfill student's academic interests and goals
- Receive assistance with course selection and availability
The Public Relations program…
Is modeled on the Public Relations Society of America’s Undergraduate Education recommendations
Is founded on the definition of communication that views communication between people as the process that leads to shared meaning and understanding
Is designed to prepare students in a variety of settings including: Corporate, Non-profit, Government, Healthcare, and Education
Is a professional degree with a broad focus including the non-profit and public information areas
Merges communication and media studies with marketing
Allows students to acquire theoretical and practical public relations skills leading to careers in public relations
- Be provided with significant communication training and internship opportunities
- Learn essential writing, speaking, and critical thinking skills
- Be exposed to a variety of theoretical approaches to the practice of public relations
- Learn knowledge of computers, video equipment and editing equipment
What can I do with a degree in Public Relations?
A graduate of Public Relations would:
Plan and conduct programs for their clients that maintain favorable public images
Plan and direct the development and communication of information designed to keep the public informed of their client's programs
Students with degrees in Public Relations have gotten jobs as:
- Public Relations Manager
- Employment Relations Representative
- Community Development
- Media Director
For more information about career opportunities for Montana State University Billings students, please contact MSU Billings Career Services.
Already have a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations?
Montana State University Billings offers an online Master's of Science in Public Relations. For more information contact Graduate Studies