Army ROTC Scholarships
ROTC Scholarships and Benefits
Benefits for All Contracted Cadets
- Textbook stipends - $600 per semester
- Living stipend - $420 per month
All ROTC scholarships let you choose between the following options:
- Full Tuition Scholarship (tuition and fees covered)
- Room and Board Scholarship ($5000 per semester)
When you sign a schlarship you contract as a Cadet in ROTC. You obligate yourself to complete the ROTC program and serve as an officer upon graduation.
When deciding which scholarship to apply for you should think about which component you would like to join. Army ROTC offers opportunities to serve in the active duty Army, the Army reserves, and the Army National Guard. Do not hesitate to reach out to us about further information about our scholarships.
Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
The SMP program allows cadets to serve in Army ROTC and the National Guard/Army Reserves simultaneously while in college pursuing the degree of their choice. Benefits include Tuition Assistance, monthly drill pay, a tax free monthly stipend, and potentially student loan repayment, GI Bill®, and other bonuses. Upon graduation, the cadet is commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and has the option to serve Active Duty, National Guard, or Army Reserve.
If you are selected for the SMP program, you are required to:
- Accept a Commission to serve on Army active duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves upon degree completion.
- Serve in the military for a period of 8 years. This may be fulfilled by:
- Serving active duty, if selected, for 3 years followed by 5 years of service in the Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR)/National Guard/Army Reserves.
- You may elect to serve 8 years or longer on active duty, but only the first 3 are required. Terms of obligation begin at the time of commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in the National Guard/Army Reserves, which includes a 3-6 month active duty term for initial training. Terms of obligation begin at time of commissioning.
Guaranteed Reserve Force Duty Scholarship (GRFD)
The GRFD program is designed for cadets who are interested in obtaining a commission in the U.S. Army Reserves or National Guard with a guarantee for a reserve component assignment. Scholarships cover full tuition and mandatory fees, and range in length up to 3 years. Scholarship awardees also receive a book allowance and a monthly stipend. These Cadets also receive weekend drill and annual training pay as participants in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP). Benefits may be recouped if the cadet chooses and is granted conversion to serve on active duty upon commissioning.
If you are selected for an ARNG scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract guaranteeing service in the National Guard upon commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in the National Guard which includes 3-6 months active duty for initial training. Terms of obligation begins at time of commissioning.
- Attend the 5-week Leadership Development and Assessment Course (LDAC): Warrior Forge between the Junior and Senior year.
- Serve as a SMP cadet in the unit of your choice with an available SMP slot.
2 Year ROTC Scholarships
3 Year ROTC Scholarships
4 Year ROTC Scholarships
- Serve full time in the Army for 4 years
- Selected Cadets may choose to serve part-time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career