Fiscal Year End Instructions
Fiscal year 2020 runs from July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. The process of closing the books for the fiscal year 2020 will soon be underway and below are some important deadlines for departments.
Departments are strongly encouraged to review their budgets and general ledger reports on a monthly basis. Review reports for any unusual or incorrect items and submit an Expenditure Correction Form to correct charges as necessary. Doing so will ensure the overall accuracy of the University’s financial information as fiscal year 2020 draws to a close.
Fiscal Year End 2020
***Please note these dates are tentative and are subject to change.
- Fiscal Year End Important Dates & Deadlines
- Fiscal Year End Training 2020 (PowerPoint)
- All cash and fund balances must be positive by end of May 2020
- Completed Capital Inventory returned to Rebecca Emter by June 30, 2020
- Expenditure Correction Forms (also available in Docusign) to Financial Services by July 8, 2020
- June Recharges due to Financial Services by July 8, 2020
The Fiscal year 2020 closing period will run from July 1 – July 28, 2020. Final FY20 reports can be run in Banner Web Reports after July 28. Please contact Financial Services if you have any questions or need additional information.
Fiscal Year End Tips
Below are some reminders for departments to ensure that Fiscal Year End runs as smoothly as possible.
- Submit Foundation Reimbursement Requests for FY20 as soon as possible before June 30.
- Be sure that all p-card transactions & travel reports for FY20 are completed in Chrome River by June 22.
- Review dates on invoices to be sure that we are paying them in the correct Fiscal Year (FY20 or FY21). If unsure, please contact Financial Services at x2131 or Business Services at x2140.
- Submit BPA’s for all invoices as soon as possible.
Fiscal Year End contacts:
Accountant – Expenditure Correct Forms
Accountant – Non-Capital Inventory & Banner Finance Reports
Accounting Associate – Recharges & IUJ’s