(available ONLINE and/or On Campus)
Plans of Study
This program will cost about 7,660* (9,100 for fully online) based on current tuition and fees.*Estimate is in-state tuition for a Montana resident. Tuition and fees are subject to change and do not include books, housing or supplies
|Median Wage (MT)|| 28,760 yearly
|Median Wage (US)|| 32,510 yearly
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, Office of Employment Projections; MT Dept. of Labor and Industry, Research and Analysis Bureau; (2018)
You will find employment in a variety of settings, in roles such as accounting clerks, accounting technicians, bookkeepers, accounting support personnel, or payroll assistants in businesses including:
- Government agencies
- Public or private business
- Accounting firms
This program is offered in a fully online format with courses being offered fall, spring and some limited summer offerings. Some course options are also offered on-campus.
ADMISSION TO CITY COLLEGE
- First-time college students must have high school diplomas from an accredited high school, a GED/HiSET, or passed the MSUB Readiness Exam offered through our university.
- Transfer students will need to submit records from all regionally accredited institutions
Q: Can I work while in this program?
A: Yes. The Accounting Technology AAS and CAS are offered online, so you have the flexibility to complete your degree around your schedule.
Q: What topics are covered in the program?
- The Accounting Technology AAS degree provides a foundation of practical applied knowledge of accounting practices in:
- Computerized Accounting
- Payroll Accounting
- Business mathematics
- Financial Planning
- Income Tax Fundamentals
- Various Microsoft applications
Program Completion information was not required for this program for the 2009-2010 academic year.