What is WUE?
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Scholarship, a program coordinated by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE), rewards a student’s academic achievement by offering a reduced tuition level: in-state tuition plus fifty percent of that amount.
Who is eligible for WUE?
The WUE Scholarship is available to qualifying students from Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
+ What are the other requirements for WUE?
- The recipient must meet the non-Montana resident admissions standards.
- The recipient may not use the time spent as a WUE student to meet the 12-month residency requirement to earn Montana residency status.
- The recipient must be working toward the completion of his/her first undergraduate degree.
- The recipient must reapply for the WUE Scholarship if he/she does not attend one full semester and returns to MSU-Billings.
- General questions concerning the WUE program may also be addressed to: Student Exchange Programs, Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education, P.O. 9752, Boulder, Colorado 80301-9752; call (303) 541-0200; or view the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education website at www.wiche.edu.
+ How can I be considered for WUE?
To be considered for reduced tuition and fees through the WUE Scholarship at MSU Billings, complete an application for admission today.
+ What is the actual cost for a WUE student?
Both City College and University students are eligible for WUE. Tuition varies on each campus. Check out our cost of attendance page for the most current WUE tuition information.