On Friday, April 12, Montana State University Billings will hold its sixth annual Research, Creativity & Community Involvement Conference. Sponsored by the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs, the University Honors Program, and Montana IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research (INBRE), the conference provides a great opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students of all majors to present their research and creative scholarship in a public forum. The conference is free and open to the public. All members of the MSUB campus community are encouraged to attend and participate.
The conference offers opportunities for MSUB and City College students of all majors to present their research and creative scholarship through oral presentations, posters, performances, and exhibits.
The conference is not a competition, but a celebration of the research and creative projects currently being carried out by MSUB students. The sponsors will review all submissions and offer assistance to interested students for their presentations and posters prior to the conference. Registration applications for the 2019 Conference are due April 1, 2019.
- Conference sponsors will provide you with a 36”tall by 48” wide trifold—they will be available at COE 106 until Research Day.
- We will print your posters for you if they are 36” tall by 48” wide; you will be responsible for your own printing if you wish to use a different size.
- If we are printing your poster it must be submitted as a PDF to email@example.com
- Each poster should include:
- Abstract (if appropriate)
- Body of Work
- Acknowledgements (if appropriate)
- MSUB logo (available at http://www.msubillings.edu/urelations)
Oral and Creative Presentations
- Please limit your presentation to 15 minutes or less.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have special space, projection or display requirements.
- Please provide a short narrative of your work to be included in the printed program.
- Email this to email@example.com
What Happens On Research Day?
- Students will check in at the Atrium in the SUB to set up their posters/projects.
- Keynote address will start at 12:30 in Petro Theater.
- Student oral presentations start immediately following the keynote.
- Immediately following the keynote, student-researchers will stand next to their posters/projects and discuss them with passing visitors.
- Posters/projects will not be judged. This is a celebration – not a competition.
Spring 2017 MSUB Research and Creativity Conference