Freshman City College Students
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS OR HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY
Request your final, official high school transcript, GED scores, HiSET Scores, Advanced Placement scores, or any previous college transcripts to be sent to the Office of Admissions & Records.
ACT OR SAT SCORES
City College at MSU Billings students are not required to take the ACT/SAT for admission. However if you have taken the ACT or SAT within the last 3 years, you may send your scores and they will be considered in course placement.
ALL PREVIOUS COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS
If you are a transfer student and/or took college courses while in high school, request official, complete transcripts from all previous institutions to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions & Records. An evaluation of your transfer credits will be completed after you apply for admission. If you are transferring credits from a MUS institution click here for next steps.
If you were born after December 31, 1956, submit proof of immunization that was administered after December 31, 1968. The immunization dates must also be after your first birthday. Requirements include proof of two (2) doses of immunization against Measles (Rubeola) and Rubella (German Measles) given at least 30 days apart. Include month/day/year. The record must be signed by a physician, health agency, or school official.
Graduation from an accredited high school or passing score on an approved high school equivalency exam such as the HiSET or GED. Students who complete their secondary education through home schooling may talk to their New Student Admission Specialist through which option best suits them.
MSU Billings has rolling admission, this means prospective students may apply at any time. However, we recommend you apply as soon as possible keeping in mind scholarship and financial aid priority deadlines. See enrollment checklist below.
STEP 1 - VISIT CITY COLLEGE
▪ Attend MSUB Preview and be a Yellowjacket for a day, meeting MSUB faculty, exploring different departments on campus, sample a college class, and take a guided tour through campus
STEP 2 - APPLY FOR ADMISSION
(406) 247-3007 / 1-800-656-MSUB ext. 3007
New students may apply at any time without all the necessary required materials. Applicants will be notified of missing materials needed to complete the admission process.
▪ $30 application fee
▪ Immunization records
▪ High school transcript or high school equivalency scores
▪ Advanced Placement scores
▪ Previous college transcripts, including classes taken while in high school.
All transcripts must be “official” and arrive in sealed, unopened envelopes, or arrive by secure electronic transfer (not email) from the originating institution.
STEP 3 - APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
▪ As soon as possible after October 1st, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. MSU Billings FAFSA code is 002530. The priority deadline for the FAFSA is December 1st.
▪ Accept your Financial Aid award within 30 days of being awarded in your MyInfo account, under the Financial Aid tab, in your My Award Information.
▪ Apply for Scholarships at www.msubillings.edu/scholarships
▪ The General MSUB Scholarship Application will be awarded on an on-going basis beginning in December. Priority is given to first time freshmen who apply by December 1st but students may apply through February 1st.
STEP 4 - APPLY FOR STUDENT HOUSING
▪ Housing Applications are submitted online www.msubillings.edu/reslife/
▪ Application opens on December 1st with a priority given to student who apply by May 1st
▪ We require first-time students who have less than 30 credits to live on campus
* There are certain exemptions for living on campus. Click here for more details.
STEP 5 - ORIENTATION
▪ Find the Orientation Session that fits your needs
▪ Orientation includes class registration, getting your U-card, and familiarizing yourself with campus
▪ Once you have registered for classes, confirm attendance and arrange your payment for tuition in MyInfo by the 3rd day of the semester