Summer financial aid is awarded from the current aid year’s FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and is considered part of the current academic year at Montana State University Billings (MSUB).
If you’ve already been awarded financial aid through MSUB during the current aid year:
- Once you’ve registered for ALL your summer credits, please submit a copy of your summer schedule to the financial aid office
- Make note on the schedule if you are interested in loans, work study, or both. We will first attempt to award grants but funding is limited
**If you request work study for summer semester, you need to have the next years aid year’s FAFSA on file.
- Available summer funding depends on the types and amount of assistance used during fall and spring
- Once you’ve been awarded, you’ll receive an email indicating you have a revised award letter available through your student secure log-in
- You do NOT need to respond to the email or the award
- Notify our office immediately if you do NOT want any portion of the summer aid listed
If summer is your first semester at MSUB, or if you have not received financial aid for fall and/or spring:
- If you have not already done so, go to www.fafsa.gov, and complete the current aid year’s FAFSA.
- If you HAVE completed the current aid year’s FAFSA but have not had the information sent to MSUB, add our school code (002530) to your FAFSA by:
- Login to your application at www.fafsa.gov.
- Select the “make corrections” option
- In the School Selection tab click “Add School” and enter our code (002530)
- Make sure you submit the application for processing
- You will receive notification via email once you’ve been awarded, instructing you to respond to your award offer through your student secure log-in. If you accept a student loan, additional requirements can be completed through www.msubiIt looks llings.edu/finaid/loans.htm.
PLEASE NOTIFY OUR OFFICE IF YOUR COURSE SCHEDULE CHANGES -Any added or dropped credits may require an adjustment to your award
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships if you have any additional questions.