Earn money for college while Student Teaching/Counseling in the community. Join Compact Service Corps!
For more information and to complete enrollment, contact Meg O'Neill by e-mail or at 406-896-5828.
Student Teaching Information
NOTE: Any forms that may require printing may be printed directly from the Student Teaching Guidebook. Open to the specific page(s), click File > print, and select specific page number(s).
Student Teaching Lesson Planning
- EPG Lesson Plan Examples
- COE Standard Lesson Plan Template (2 Objectives | 7 Activities)
- COE Extended Lesson Plan Template (10 Objectives | 28 Activities)
Mandatory Seminars for Current Student Teachers
Spring Semester 2014
- Friday, January 10, 2014, 9:00 - 4:00 ~ COE 122
Please remember to bring:
Friday,April 11, 2014, 9:00-4:00 ~ COE 310
- Please remember to bring your completed licensure materials.
Student teachers are excused from the seminars who are placed out-of-state or beyond a 250 miles radius of Billings. There will be information sent after the seminar for those unable to attend.
Student Teaching Application Workshops
Student Teaching Eligibility Requirements:
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Meet or exceed all GPA requirements (2.65 GPA or higher in teaching major(s), minor(s), and overall with no grade below a C)
- Current, valid criminal background reportis on file in the Office of Educational Theory and Practice, COE Room 261. Criminal background report must be valid throughout the entire term of your student teaching assignment. Fingerprinting and Federal Criminal Background Check Information is found at: www.msubillings.edu/coe/FingerprintInfo.htm
- Completion of all required coursework (except one class with permission from your advisor) by the beginning of the student teaching semester
SPRING SEMESTER WORKSHOPS (for Fall 2014 student teaching)
Students applying to student teach must attend one student teaching application workshop. Attendance is required to provide information and assistance with the application and placement process.
WHAT TO BRING
Print a copy of unofficial MSUB web transcripts at "MyInfo". Make a copy of all other transcripts from any college you have attended. Bring all transcripts.
Print a blank copy of the Student Teaching Application and bring it to the application workshop.
WHEN AND WHERE
You only need to attend one of these workshops.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014, 12:00 - 2:00 ~ COE 323
Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 12:00 - 2:00 ~ COE 323
Thursday, February 13, 2014, 12:00 - 2:00 ~ COE 323
STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATION
If you need help calculating your GPA, please click on the above hyperlink.