Academic Support Center
All services are offered exclusively online until further notice.
The ASC Summer 2020 tutoring schedule is available on WCOnline.
A regularly recurring schedule of online drop-in STEM and Writing tutoring is available on the “Drop-In Online Tutoring Summer 2020” schedule. Go to this schedule to view tutoring availability by subject/time and schedule on-the-spot or make-ahead appointments.
Appointment tutoring (for 1:1 help and extended hours for STEM, undergraduate-level writing and graduate-level writing) is available on the “Online Tutoring Appointments Summer 2020” schedule. Appointments are scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
What does the ASC offer?
The ASC provides tutoring for multiple subjects such as math, writing, chemistry and foreign languages just to name a few. In response to the COVID-19 guidelines issued by Montana State University-Billings, the Academic Support Center is now using WCOnline to schedule and conduct all tutoring virtually,via synchronous onlinetutoring or asynchronous e-tutoring options. Our regular hours will still apply. To make an appointment with the tutor:
1. Navigate to https://msubillings.mywconline.com
2. Log in using your MSUB net ID and password
3. Select the Summer 2020 schedule you would like to view using the radial buttons on the log in screen or from the drop-down menu at the top of the page once you have logged in
4. Available times are white - click on desired time to open the appointment scheduling window. Non-available times are blacked out and your scheduled appointments will appear in gold.
5. In the appointment scheduling window, fill in the required information.
6. Click Create Appointment
You are now ready to meet with your tutor! For online appointments, log back on to WCOnline 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time and click on your appointment. For e-tutoring appointments, submit your paper via the appointment window and wait to receive feedback from your tutor.
For students scheduling an appointment or logging in to the program for the first time, follow the steps above or click here for more detailed instructions. For more information on using WCOnline for synchronous and asynchronous online tutoring appointments, visit the Purdue OWL’s YouTube channel.
All regularly scheduled Supplemental Instruction sessions are available via an online platform. Please contact your SI Leader for specific session details. SI Leaders may:
- Conduct regular SI sessions via the online meeting platform Zoom.
- Meet with students individually via Zoom or Skype.
- Talk to students on the phone.
- Have discussions with students via text or email.
- Use D2L to facilitate discussions.
Peer Mentors can help you set goals, manage your time, prioritize work, answer questions, and help you figure out college life.
- If you are currently working with a Peer Mentor, your mentor should be reaching out to you via email, phone, text, or another method that can be done at a distance. If you have questions for your Peer Mentors, contact your mentor directly. You can also contact Mike Adkins at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Don't have a mentor and want one? Contact Mike Adkins to get started.
Click here for more information on our Summer Bridge program.
*Tutoring is pre-paid as a part of your fees.