Academic Support Center
The ASC's in-person services will resume on August 19, 2020.
The ASC Fall 2020 tutoring schedule is now available on WCOnline.
Drop-in STEM and Writing tutoring is available on the “Drop-In Tutoring Fall 2020” schedule. View drop-in tutoring availability by time, location, and subject and schedule on-the-spot or make-ahead appointments. Drop-in appointments are limited to 30 minutes at a time.
Appointment tutoring (for extended hours and 1:1 support) is available on the “Tutoring Appointments Fall 2020” schedule. Appointments are scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and are limited to 60 minutes at a time.
Filter the location of our tutoring staff (City College, Online, or University Campus) using the "Limit to" menu in the schedule view.
Use the drop-in schedule for onsite or online tutoring. For 1:1 help, make an appointment.
Use the appointment schedule for online appointments with graduate student-serving tutors and consultants, labeled with GRAD.
Hours, Locations, and Contact
To keep up with the most recent ASC updates follow our Facebook page.
What does the ASC offer?
The ASC provides tutoring for multiple subjects such as math, writing, chemistry and foreign languages. To make an appointment with the tutor:
1. Navigate to https://msubillings.mywconline.com
2. Log in using your MSUB net ID and password
3. Select the Fall 2020 schedule you would like to view using the radial buttons on the log in screen or from the drop-down menu at the top of the page once you have logged in
4. Available times are white - click on desired time to open the appointment scheduling window. Non-available times are blacked out and your scheduled appointments will appear in gold.
5. In the appointment scheduling window, fill in the required information.
6. Click Create Appointment
You are now ready to meet with your tutor! For online appointments, log back on to WCOnline 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time and click on your appointment.
For students scheduling an appointment or logging in to the program for the first time, follow the steps above or use these detailed instructions.
Supplemental Instruction sessions will resume when Fall 2020 classes start. Please contact your SI Leader for specific session details. SI Leaders may:
- Conduct regular SI sessions onsite or online.
- Meet with students individually.
- Talk to students on the phone.
- Hold office hours.
- Have discussions with students via text or email.
- Use D2L to facilitate discussions.
Peer Mentors can help you set goals, manage your time, prioritize work, answer questions, and help you figure out college life.
- If you are currently working with a Peer Mentor, your mentor should be reaching out to you via email, phone, text, or another method that can be done at a distance. If you have questions for your Peer Mentors, contact your mentor directly. You can also contact Mike Adkins if you have any questions.
- Don't have a mentor and want one? Contact Mike Adkins to get started.
*Tutoring is pre-paid as a part of your fees.