Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Through Montana State University Billings Online you can earn a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communication degree completely online!
We encourage students to work with an Academic Advisor to:
Successfully meet all major degree requirements including the general education requirements
Have any previous credits evaluated for transferability
Fulfill student's academic interests and goals
Receive assistance with course selection and availability
We offer major options in:
The Organizational Communication Option is...
Designed to educate students in the fields of business and social service as:
- Human Resource Officers
- Corporate Communication Staff
- Prepare students for graduate study in communication or law
Structured to enable the student to:
- Acquire a mature understanding of interaction in organizational situations
- Improve one's ability to contribute to productive organizational situations
- Increase personal effectiveness related to technical communication concerns
- Apply learning to real life organizational settings
The Mass Communication Option is...
Designed to examine the nature of mixed media through:
- Theoretical grounding
- Applied knowledge
- The construction and delivery of media messages
- The effects of mediated messages on attitudes and behaviors
What can I do with a Communication Degree?
Students with a degree in communication get jobs as:
- Public Relations Assistant
- News Reporter
- Fund Raiser
- Corporate Communication Specialist
- Advertising Strategist
For more information about career opportunities for Montana State University Billings students, please contact Career & Employment Services.