Certain MSUB degree programs have discipline-specific accreditation. The following list includes those accrediting agencies:
MSUB is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) for preparing elementary and secondary teachers and school counselors through the Bachelor of Science and Master of Education degrees and the Master of Science in Special Education degree. The Master of Science in Special Education Advanced Studies: Applied Behavior Analysis is accredited by the Association For Behavior Analysis International (ABAI).
MSU Billings is also accredited by:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
City College programs are accredited and approved by:
- Nation League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA)
- Montana Board of Nursing
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Professions (CoAEMSP)
The MSUB Student Health Services Department is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.