New Student Services, 657-2888
Dan Carter, University Relations, 657-2269
March 22, 2010
High school students can get a jump on college -- for only $100 per credit
Information session set Thursday on University Connections program
MSU BILLINGS NEWS SERVICES — If Billings area high school students and their parents want to take an affordable step toward college, all they need to know is two words: University Connections.
Through this unique program at Montana State University Billings, high school students can enroll in college classes while they are still in high school and pay only $100 per credit. The program allows high school students to get an early start toward a college degree and tackle some general education requirements.
Parents and students are invited to learn more about the program and its benefits at a special information session on Thursday (March 25) at 6 p.m. in Room 427 in the College of Education Building on the university’s main campus, 1500 University Drive.
At the session, students and parents can:
- Learn how you can earn college credit while still in high school for $100 per credit
- Become familiar with the college setting where you will be taking classes
- Learn how to choose college classes and register for them
- Find out what to expect in a college-level class
- Ask any questions you have about University Connections and MSU Billings
High school students who will graduate in the spring will still be eligible to enroll in the program during the summer, when many general education classes are offered.
For more information, contact New Student Services at 657-2888 or go to www.msubillings.edu/future/UniversityConnections.htm