MSU Billings Music Department, 657-2350
Dan Carter, University Relations, 657-2269
March 27, 2009
MSU Billings jazz ensemble presents concert
MSU BILLINGS NEWS SERVICES — The Montana State University Jazz Ensemble, directed by Jim Robertson, will present its spring semester concert on Thursday, April 2. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Cisel Recital Hall on the MSU Billings main campus.
The concert will feature a variety of music from previous jazz eras as well as current settings of jazz favorites. The performance will include such favorites as “Sing, Sing, Sing” by Louis Prima; “Harlem Nocturne” by Earl Hagen; and “Time After Time” by Jule Styne.
Featured soloists that evening include set drummers Chad McKinsey from Ballantine and J.T. Dell from Billings. Featured faculty soloists will be Gary Behm on clarinet and alto sax and Mark Fenderson, trumpet.
Admission is $4 for adults and $2 for students. MSU Billings students and faculty are admitted free with a valid ID card.
FOLLOWING ARE THE MEMBERS OF THE MSU-BILLINGS JAZZ ENSEMBLE, THEIR HOME TOWNS AND THEIR MAJORS:
- Elliot Cross, bass, from Glendive, music education major.
- Alyssa Conard, piano, Shepherd, psychology major.
- J.T. Dell, set and vibraphone, Billings, music major.
- Russel Giesick, trombone, Great Falls, public relations major.
- Ethan Gray, set and percussion, Billings, percussion performance major.
- Adam Grill, tuba, Union Grove, Ga., sociology major.
- Tyler Harris, trumpet, Froid, music education major.
- Mike Kemper, trombone, Roundup, elementary education major.
- Chad McKinsey, set and vibraphone, Ballantine, music education and percussion performance major.
- Jenay Murphy, alto sax, Glendive, music education major.
- Mary Ryan, baritone sax, Laurel, music education major.
- Kirk Visser, trombone, Shepherd, music education major.
- Cody Wahrman, tenor sax, Townsend, music education major.
- Adam Wetzel, trumpet, Billings, music education major.
- Simon Wiesner, guitar, Laurel, general studies major.
For more information about the concert or about the MSU Billings music department, call 657-2350.