MSU Billings Students Elect Slate of Leaders
March 14, 2008
ASMSUB student government, 657-2365
Dan Carter, University Relations, 657-2269
Whitehall student elected next president of the student government
MSU BILLINGS NEWS SERVICES — Robert Barosky, a junior psychology major from Whitehall, was elected this week as the next president of the Associated Students of Montana State University Billings. Anna Gibson, a junior from Syracuse, Ind., who is earning her Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies with an emphasis in Philosophy, was elected vice president.
MSU Billings students voted online on Tuesday and Wednesday for president, vice president and a slate of student senators. The other candidate for president was Robin Nephew and the other candidate for vice president was Kayla Corcoran.
Any registered MSU Billings student is eligible to vote in the election. A total of 427 registered students voted in this spring’s election. That 9.1 percent turnout is up from last year.
Following is a list of newly elected ASMSUB student leaders, their hometowns and their majors.
ASMSUB President: Robert Barnosky is a junior from Whitehall. He is majoring in psychology and is working toward a minor in communications. During his tenure at MSU Billings, he has been involved in intramural activities, served as president of the Residence Hall Association, served as a student senator and has done volunteer work. His parents are Kitty & Terry Reed of Whitehall and Eric and Shyla Barnosky of Miles City.
ASMSUB Vice President: Anna Gibson is a BSLS Philosophy student from Syracuse, Ind. She was elected last year to the ASMSUB student senate and ran for vice president on a platform of teamwork and involvement. Her parents are Greg and Christina Snavely.
Senators who will represent the MSU Billings Main Campus
- Zach Abels, psychology/sociology major from Twin Falls, Idaho. He is the son of Kaylynne Rolig of Twin Falls.
- Ashley Adams, a mass communications major and human resources minor from Billings. She is the daughter of Randy and Paula Adams.
- Brendan Blythe, an environmental studies major from Kansas City, Mo.
- James Catlin, a general studies major from Bozeman. He is the son of Laura Catlin f Bozeman.
- Joe Godfrey, a business major and human resources management minor from Worland, Wyo. He is the son of Dave Godfrey of Worland.
- Tess Hatfield, a psychology major and Native American studies minor from Billings. She is the daughter of Kim Hatfield of Billings.
- Lindsey Jacobsen, a liberal studies major from Alliance, Neb. She is the daughter of Scott and Laura Jacobsen of Alliance.
- Amanda Morales, an English/History education major from Turlock, Calif.
- Benjamin Szillat, a biology major and chemistry minor from Billings. His parents are Ken and Suzie Szillat of Billings.
- Joe Szillat, a molecular biology major and chemistry minor from Billings. His parents are also Ken and Suzie Szillat.
- Mary Alice Walker, a business management major from Winnebago, Neb. Her parents are Harold and Marjorie Big Fire.
- Curtis Wallette, a business management and marketing major and information systems minor from
- Billings. He is the son of Robert and Debbie Wallette of Billings.
- Heather Wilson, an English education major and political science minor from Shepherd. She is the daughter of Bill and Stacy Wilson of Shepherd.
Elected senator to represent the College of Technology campus is Joshua Keehn, a process plant technology major from Billings. He is the son of Robert and Tami Keehn of Billings.
The ASMSUB student government represents the student body of MSU Billings and works with student groups, faculty, staff and administration at the university to promote student life and activities.
To find out more about the student government or the elections, contact the ASMSUB office at 657-2365 or check out the ASMSUB web site, www.msubillings.edu/asmsub/index.htm