Amy Beatty, Dual Credit coordinator, 896-5998
Dan Carter, University Relations, 657-2269
Nancy Hines, Community Relations, School District 2, 670-5790
February 6, 2008
MSU Billings Sets Informational Meeting on Dual Credit
An information session on the dual credit program is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 12 in the Student Union Building on the MSU Billings campus. The 6 p.m. meeting will be held in the Beartooth Room and is open to anyone interested in the dual credit program.
The pilot for dual credit in
Dual credit courses — offered in many other states — provide many advantages for high school juniors and seniors who are ready for college-level work. The benefits include:
- Dual credit courses are actual college-transcripted courses, allowing a student to work on a college degree before finishing high school.
- Dual credit students have access to the full range of university services.
- Courses are taught at the high schools.
- Students learn what college professors expect while still in familiar high school surroundings.
- A dual credit course costs less than regular college courses.
For more information on the upcoming dual credit informational session, contact Amy Beatty, MSU Billings online and dual credit coordinator, at 896-5998.