HEROES takes advantage of a tremendous selection of learning opportunities during the conference at 70+ educational sessions, 2 keynotes, and 6 featured health issue presentations. At the Assembly, peer educators gain new ideas and strategies for their programming and awareness events. Advisors learn how to make prevention efforts stronger on their campuses while supporting the students who make it happen.
HEROES members have the opportunity to attend GA at no expense to the student.
Area 3 Conference
Top 10 Reasons for Attending a 2011 Spring Area Conference…
- It rejuvenates the energy level of the leaders in your peer group.
- You learn about new program ideas from other schools.
- You NETWORK with other peer educators and advisors who do what you do.
- Driving in a college van for several hours is excellent team building.
- You will see some new speakers and presenters to bring to campus.
- You can watch someone from your campus be recognized as an area award winner (if you apply)!
- You can get ideas for publicity and fundraising from other campus groups.
- It’s a bargain – the cost of spring area conferences is VERY ECONOMICAL.
- It will help you plan out your Fall programming schedule.
- You get to meet your area leadership team so you can rely on them for support throughout the year.