About Region III Comprehensive System of Personnel Development (Region III CSPD)
CSPD is a vital component of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the Montana State Plan for Special Education. CSPD provides pre-service, in-service, and technical assistance for parents, general and special educators, administrators, and other service providers with the end result being better programs and services for all children and youth.
CSPD is a unified personnel development system that ensures quality educational programs and services for all children and youth.
CSPD will value and promote services that:
- are proactive and flexible in meeting the needs of children and youth
- ensure success for all by providing a safe and healthy environment that builds a sense of belonging and value for self and others
- evaluate and disseminate best practices and achievements through ongoing high-quality professional development
- encourage sensitivity to individual differences with recognition of cultural and ethnic diversity
- are unified and integrated through a partnership of families, schools, agencies, and communities
- support recruitment and retention of high-quality educational personnel
- are seen as a series of interdependent stages of continuous growth for personnel
- are designed to meet individual needs delivered through personalized, accessible, and practical formats
Region III CSPD provides services for the following counties: Big Horn, Carbon, Fergus, Golden Valley, Judith Basin, Musselshell, Petroleum, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, Wheatland, and Yellowstone
Funding is provided in part by the Montana Office of Public Instruction.