Registration & Records
There are THREE ways to order copies of your official transcripts. Choose the one that works best for you!
Transcript Ordering Online
MSU Billings has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse® to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
To order official transcripts online:
- You must have a valid credit card or debit card
- You must have an active email address
- You must have cookies enabled on your browser
- You should have your MSU Billings Student ID Number or Social Security Number readily available
This service is accessible on-line through the MSU Billings "myInfo" Login
- Enter secure area
- Click on student information
- Click on student records
- Click on enrollment verification/Official Transcripts
(These steps link you to the National Student Clearinghouse and authenticate the student identification).
You may order transcripts online by going directly to the National Student Clearinghouse at www.mystudentcenter.org
- If you order a transcript directly through the National Student Clearinghouse, you will need to submit a faxed or electronic signature to the Clearinghouse before your request can be processed.
The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A $2.25 processing fee will be charged per request in addition to the transcript fee.
Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.
For help with the Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, visit: www.mystudentcenter.org
Transcript Ordering by Mail
- COMPLETE and SIGN THE PRINTABLE FORM (SEE LINK BELOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORM)
- Please list any and all names student used while attending
- Student ID Number or Social Security Number is required
- Enclose prepayment amount ($3.00 per transcript). Check or Money Order payable to MSU Billings accepted.
- Additional postage and handling charges for requests to mail by expedited delivery (Fed Ex, Overnight, Global Express) or to foreign addresses will be charged to the requestor at the time of mailing based on the rates charged by the carrier.
- Unfortunately, because we need your signature, we are unable to accept e-mail requests for transcripts.
Montana State University Billings
Admissions and Records
1500 University Drive
Billings, MT 59101
Transcript Ordering in Person
Transcript requests will be processed in the Admissions and Records Office (McMullen Hall 1st floor University Campus) upon presentation of a valid photo ID, completed request form and necessary payment. This service is available during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
»» Get Printable Transcript Form Here (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Faxed Transcripts: Transcripts may be faxed to your specified location, but are usually considered unofficial unless faxed to a college or university in Montana. We recommend you check with the receiving institution before requesting this service. There is an additional $10.00 fee for faxed transcripts.
Holds: If there is a hold on your Montana State University Billings account (please note, we share holds with Great Falls, Havre, and Bozeman), your transcript request cannot be processed until the hold is released.
This office accepts requests via standard mail, ordered online through the Clearinghouse, or submitted in person. Email, Phone or Fax Requests cannot be accepted.
For additional assistance, please contact Admissions and Records/Registrar at 406-657-2158.