University Police

Emergency Procedures

Chemical Spills, Gas Leaks or Suspicious Odors


Chemicals are used in all buildings at the University, whether for cleaning, scientific work, education or research. Copies of the appropriate Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS) are available for emergency response personnel in appropriate areas. Your main concern should be personal safety. If a chemical spill occurs or you detect chemical fumes (such as natural gas or scientific chemicals):

    • Call 911 IMMEDIATELY
    • Call University Police at (x2222) and follow instructions.
    • Evacuate your area.