Student Teaching Information
NOTE: Any forms that may require printing may be printed directly from the Student Teaching Guidebook. Open to the specific page(s), click File > print, and select specific page number(s).
Student Teaching Lesson Planning
- COE Standard Lesson Plan Template (2 Objectives | 7 Activities)
- COE Extended Lesson Plan Template (10 Objectives | 28 Activities)
Mandatory Seminars for Current Student Teachers
Introduction Seminar 1: January 9, 2015, 9:00 - 4:00 ~ COE 122
Please remember to bring:
- A copy of the Student Teaching Guidebook
- A copy of the Paper Application for a MT Class 1, 2, or 3 Educator License , Recommendation for Teaching Endorsements (University Recommendation form) and Notary Page located on the OPI website http://opi.mt.gov/ , Educator Licensure tab, Application Materials, in the Teacher section
- A copy of a MSU Billings Request for Redissemination of Background Check Information located on the College of Education website: http://www.msubillings.edu/coe/ , Fingerprint Information
Professional Development Seminar 2: Friday, April 17, 2015, 9:00 - 4:00 ~ COE 122
Student teachers are excused from the seminars who are placed out-of-state or beyond a 250 miles radius of Billings. There will be information sent after the seminar for those unable to attend.
Student Teaching Application Workshops
Student Teaching Eligibility Requirements:
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Meet or exceed all GPA requirements (2.65 GPA or higher in teaching major(s), minor(s), and overall with no grade below a C)
- Current, valid criminal background report is on file in the Office of Educational Theory and Practice, COE Room 261. Criminal background report must be valid throughout the entire term of your student teaching assignment. Fingerprinting and Federal Criminal Background Check Information is found at: www.msubillings.edu/coe/FingerprintInfo.htm
- Completion of all required coursework (except one class with permission from your advisor) by the beginning of the student teaching semester
SPRING SEMESTER APPLICATION WORKSHOPS (for Fall 2015 student teaching)
Students applying to student teach must attend one student teaching application workshop. Attendance is required to provide information and assistance with the application and placement process.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Print a copy of your current unofficial MSUB web transcript at "MyInfo".
- Print a copy of ALL other unofficial transcript(s) from any other university or college attended.
- Print a blank copy of the Student Teaching Application and bring it to the application workshop.
WHEN AND WHERE:
You only need to attend one Student Teaching Application workshop..
Spring Semester Application Workshops will be:
Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 2:00-4:00 COE 323
Wednesday, February 18, 2015, 1:00-3:00 COE 310
STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATION
Student Teaching Application (Please save this application to your desktop, complete the application, print, and save to a flash drive.)
If you need help calculating your GPA, please click on the above hyperlink.