Earn money for college while Student Teaching/Counseling in the community. Join Compact Service Corps!
For more information and to complete enrollment, contact Meg O'Neill by e-mail or at 406-896-5828.
Student Teaching Evaluation Forms for Supervisors and Mentors
- Student Teaching Guidebook
- Formative Evaluation Form
- Summative Evaluation Form
- Evidence of Professional Growth (EPG) Scoring Rubric
- Elementary Education Assessment of Content Pedagogy Form
- K-12 and Secondary Education Assessment of Content Pedagogy Form
- Dispositions Observation Form
- Plan of Improvement Form
Mandatory Seminars for Current Student Teachers
Spring Semester 2014
- Friday, January 10, 2014, 9:00 - 4:00 ~ COE 122
Please remember to bring:
- Friday,April 11, 2014, 9:00-4:00 ~ COE 122
- Please remember to bring your completed licensure materials.
Attendance is optional for student teachers placed out-of-state or beyond a 250 mile radius of Billings.
Student Teachers should print one copy of the documents listed below before coming to the first student teaching and orientation seminar.
- Student Teaching Guidebook
- Student Teacher Agreement (Word) (PDF)
- Field Experience Service Learning Report (Word) (PDF)
- Field Experience Diversity Report (Word) (PDF)
- Evidence of Professional Growth - Explanation (Word) (PDF)
- Evidence of Professional Growth - Rubric (Word) (PDF)
- Mentor/Supervisor Evaluation (Word) (PDF)
- Application for a Montana Class 1, 2 or 3 Educator License (PDF)
Student Teaching Applications
Applications for Student Teaching will be available for download in January and September.
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Meet or exceed all GPA requirements
- Submission of a Federal Criminal Background Check (fingerprints)
- Fingerprinting and Federal Criminal Background Check Information
- Completion of all coursework (except EDF 450/515 and ART 499) by the beginning of the student teaching semester
Student Teaching Application Workshops
SPRING SEMESTER WORKSHOPS (for Fall 2014 student teaching)
Students applying to student teach must attend one student teaching application workshop. Attendance is required to provide information and assistance with the application and placement process.
WHAT TO BRING
Print a copy of unofficial MSUB web transcripts at "MyInfo". Make a copy of all other transcripts from any college you have attended. Bring all transcripts.
Go to: Student Teaching Application. Please print the application and bring it to the workshop.
WHEN AND WHERE
Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 12:00 - 4:00 ~ COE 323
Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 12:00 - 4:00 ~ COE 323
Thursday, February 6, 2014, 12:00 - 4:00 ~ COE 323
STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATION
- Open the Student Teaching Application.
- Select ALL from EDIT then COPY.
- Go to a blank word document and PASTE the form into it.
- Check the formatting. Adjust page setup, pagination, spacing, etc. as needed.
- Find your advising worksheet(s) and/or plan of study forms applicable to your program of study
- Undergraduate Students: found at http://www.msubillings.edu/advise/
- Graduate Students: found at http://www.msubillings.edu/grad/PlansOfStudy.htm
- If you are a graduate, secondary education teacher, you also need to print out the undergraduate teaching major and/or minor applicable to your plan of study: found at http://www.msubillings.edu/advise/ (for example the Teaching History major, Teaching Mathematics major, etc.)
- Go into your MyInfo account.
- Open up DegreeWorks
- Print out a copy of your “worksheet” (course lists).
- Go into your MyInfo account. Print out a copy of your transcript.
- If you have transcripts from any other university or college make a copy and include with your application.
- Complete the entire application.
- The application must be error free.
- Monitor headings, page breaks and formatting - adjust them so that there are no splits in tables, and sections.
- Carefully proof all writing – there should be no grammatical, punctuation, or spelling errors.
- Complete (fill in) all of your course information (grades, semester, etc.) on your advising worksheet(s) and/or plan of study.
- Schedule appointments with your advisor(s). Advisors will review, proof, and sign the application. Bring to the appointment:
- Completed, final copy of the application
- Completed, final copy of a resume
- Competed advising worksheet(s) or plan of study (grades, semesters, etc. filled in)
- Print out of your Degree works “worksheet” (course list)
- Unofficial transcripts from MSUB and any other institution you have attended
- Make the required number of copies.
- Submit to Jeanie Kalotay, COE, Room 211.
If you need help calculating your GPA, please click on the above hyperlink.