Associate of Applied Science in Accounting Technology
Through Montana State University Billings Online you can earn an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) in Accounting Technology degree completely online!
We encourage students to work with an Academic Advisor to:
- Successfully meet all major degree requirements in the Accounting Technology degree
- Have any previous credits evaluated for transferability
- Fulfill student's academic interests and goals
- Receive assistance with course selection and availability Contact an Academic Advisor
The Associates in Applied Science in Accounting Technology teaches...
- Preparation of summary statements of business conditions for small businesses and government agencies
- Utilization of basic business computer applications such as: Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and others
- The use of computerized accounting software
- Processing of daily accounting transactions, journals, ledgers and handle other entry-level accounting functions
- Financial statement preparation A certificate can be awarded upon completion of the required Accounting Assistant courses. All credits earned in completion of the certificate may be applied toward the Accounting Technology Associate of Applied Science degree.
What can I do with a AAS in Accounting Technology?
Students with a degree in accounting technology get jobs as:
- Account clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Accounting Technican
- Accounting Associate
For more information about career opportunities for Montana State University Billings students, please contact MSU Billings Career Services.