MSUB's password reset tool, sometimes referred to as My Profile, has been replaced
with a new Self Service Password Reset Portal. This is where MSUB faculty, staff and students will set/change their NetID password.
All MSUB faculty, staff, and students must set up a new user profile before they will
be able to use the tool to change their NetID password. It doesn't matter if you've
been at MSUB for years or are new to campus, a new user profile must be set up.
What's different from the old password reset tool?
* Why MSUB ID and Date of Birth?
These 2 items are the only identifiable information associated with individual NetIDs
that MSUB has for all of its users. They are only requested/required during the first-time
new user setup process.
What's the same?
- Passwords expire 180 days from the date they are set/reset.
- Passwords can be changed at any time, waiting for expiration is not required.
Instructions to Get Started
New User Setup
- To begin, click the Go to Password Portal button below.
- Click the Go to Setup Tool button in New User Setup tile (see fig 2).
- Enter your NetID and click Continue (see fig 3).
If you have never configured your profile before you will need to:
- Enter your MSUB ID and Date of Birth then click Continue (see fig 4).
ID example: -12345678
DOB format example for July 21, 1998: 07211998
- Select and configure verification method(s).
The methods (challenge questions, email, text) you choose to set up during New User
Setup will be available for you to use in the future when you log into the portal.
- 5 challenge questions - (see fig 5)
You are required to configure 5 challenge questions.
- Email - (optional) provide an alternative email address to receive a verification code (no fig, see fig 6 for reference)
- Text- (optional) provide cell number that can receive a verification code (see fig 6)
NOTE: You only need to set up one authentication method; however, you are required to
set up challenge questions regardless (you'll be prompted).
TIP: Use the SKIP button to pass over options you don't want to setup. You can always
update your profile later to add or update an option (see fig 6).
After setting up your profile, to set/reset your NetID password, go to the Password
Reset tile and click the Go to Reset Tool button.
Enter your NetID and select your verification method. After verifying your identity, read
the password rules and follow the prompts to reset it.