Jacket Student Ambassadors
The Jacket Student Ambassador program is a leadership program that offers Montana State University Billings students an opportunity to represent and promote MSUB to prospective students and their families.
Be currently enrolled at MSUB/City College
Be in good academic standing
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Enthusiasm for MSUB
• Accompany tours around campus.
• Socialize with incoming students and assist with on-campus events.
• Visit your hometown high school and promote MSU Billings.
• Community Involvement
• Create your own projects and much more!!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO BE A JSA?
• Be enrolled for 6 or more credits.
• Be able to commit to at least 15 hours per semester, which includes checking into the New Student Services office once a week.
• Earn at least a 2.5 GPA.
• A cooperative and positive attitude!
• Be eligible for Ambassadors Scholarships.
• Develop communication and presentation skills.
• Become a leader on campus.
• Get involved with other outgoing students like yourself.
• Enjoy perks such as appreciation dinners and retreat days.
• It looks great on your resume.
• Vice President
• Group Involvement
• Community Involvement
• JSA Retreat
• Group Involvement Activities
• On Campus Recruitment Events (Preview Days, College is Possible, Career Expos & More).
• Annual Appreciation Dinner
• Campus Tours
• and much more!!
Ambassadors provide general mentoring and peer guidance to prospective students. Ambassadors assist New Student Services with enrolling new students and providing help and guidance.
1. Outreach with prospective students
Ambassadors will engage with prospective students by phone, mail, email, text, social media, and assisting with personal visits. The purpose of these contacts is to gather student information, answer questions, assist them to enroll at MSUB and help guide them on their educational journey.
2. Campus Tours
Ambassadors will also play a large role in helping students get familiar with the campus through campus tours. The Ambassadors will help with campus tours, take tours to visit departments, and introduce prospects to the services, resources and facilities they will have access to as a student at MSUB.
3. Recruitment Activities
Each ambassador will participate in activities to help prospective students learn about and enroll at MSUB. Some of these activities include high school visits, campus open houses, Orientation, Welcome Week, and more.
4. Information Desk
Ambassadors help staff the MSU Billings Information Desk. This includes directing campus visitors, answering phones and assisting with general questions.