Through Montana State University Billings Online you can earn a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies completely online!
We encourage students to work with an Academic Advisor to:
Successfully meet all major degree requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies
Have any previous credits evaluated for transferability
Fulfill student's academic interests and goals
Receive assistance with course selection and availability
What is the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies (BSLS) 2+2?
- A degree completion program
- Provides online degree completion opportunities for individuals
- Gives students the opportunity to participate in integrated thematic programs of an interdisciplinary nature
- Offers students with credits from many sources the opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree with focus and integrity
- Combine up to two years of previous college coursework with our online coursework The Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies offers Thematic Concentrations in:
- Management and Organizational Communication
- Management and Public Relations
- Management and Mass Communications
- Mass Communication and Public Relations
- Organizational Communication and Public Relations
- Organizational Communication and Accounting Technology
- Organizational Communication and Human Resource Management
- Health Administration and Organizational Communication
- Health Administration and Public Relations
- Other concentrations designed in consultation with an advisor
What are the requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies?
Minimum or 120 credits earned with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better
MSU Billings will accept transfer students with completed AA or AS degrees from other regionally accredited institutions as having fulfilled their MSU Billings general education requirements if the general education package is comparable in total credits and content.
Complete a minimum of 30 credits through Montana State University Billings (this can one of the 30 credit thematic concentrations
Complete a minimum of 36 upper division credits (this can include one of the 30 credit thematic concentrations
Complete a thematic concentration of 30 credits including at least 15 credits from one discipline in the College of Arts and Sciences. This concentration shall be prepared in collaboration with a faculty advisor and approved by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
What can I do with a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies?
Students with Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies have gotten jobs as:
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Public Relations Specialist
- Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Child Care Workers
For more information about career opportunities for Montana State University Billings students, please contact Career Services.