Western Regional Graduate Program
Montana State University Billings is a participant in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Under the program, residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are eligible for admission to designated graduate programs in the other 12 states at reduced rates.
A number of high-quality, specialized programs at colleges and universities in these states have agreed to admit students from the other WICHE states for resident tuition rates; designated programs at private institutions are available for reduced tuition rates.Five programs at Montana State University Billings have been approved as part of the WRGP:
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Public Relations
- Master of Science in Special Education Advanced Studies with Applied Behavioral Analysis Emphasis
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Education with Option in Reading
Students from qualifying states need to fill out an application for WICHE consideration. The application can be found on the Graduate Studies website. Students receiving WICHE must maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA each semester or may lose the WICHE funding for the following year.
Please direct inquiries regarding the WRGP program to:
Director of Graduate Studies
Montana State University Billings
1500 University Drive
Billings, MT 59101-0298