MSUB Library Services Updates
(as of 5/18/2021)
The Library is currently open to the university community. Please visit our Library Hours page for current hours and holiday exceptions. For research help please call us at (406) 657-1662, email us at email@example.com, or chat with us using the "Chat With Us" button on the Library's web pages.
Effective immediately, there is no longer a requirement to wear a face mask on MSUB campuses or property if you have been fully vaccinated or have had a confirmed case of COVID-19. While not a requirement, individuals who still want to wear a face mask are welcome to continue doing so. Remember that all other health and safety protocols still remain in place such as rigorous hand washing and hand sanitizing and staying home when you are ill. Follow the CDC guidelines for when you are sick and take appropriate precautions.
The Library has many online resources available virtually for the university community from on and off campus 24-7-365.
- More than 190 research databases: http://libguides.msubillings.edu/az.php
- Electronic books: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/getbooks.htm
- Streaming videos: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/getvideos.htm
- Research guides on a variety of topics (i.e. APA/MLA citation resources): http://libguides.msubillings.edu/?b=s
- Requests for electronic library resources are available through Interlibrary Loan: https://46371.account.worldcat.org/profile
- Good free websites with informative and authoritative content: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/goodfreewebs.htm
- Video tutorials on introductory library research and using select resources: https://libguides.msubillings.edu/c.php?g=242170&p=1609926
- For recreational reading MontanaLibrary2Go provides access to digital content, such as Audiobooks, eBooks, and Magazines for patrons of participating libraries throughout Montana.
- No overdue fines are being assessed from now until Monday September 13, 2021.
- Based on professional recommendations we are quarantining returned materials for 4 days. Returns are backdated to reflect the actual day they were returned.
Book returns are located outside the library at the north and south entrances.
- Questions? Please call the Circulation desk at (406) 657-1687.
- Library Lecture series postponed until further notice.
- Distinguished Discourse series postponed until further notice.
- All student outreach events cancelled until further notice.
For more information about COVID-19 at MSUB, please visit http://www.msubillings.edu/covid19central/