MSUB Library Services Updates
(as of 4/20/2021)
The Library is currently open to the university community. Please visit our Library Hours page for current hours and holiday exceptions. For research help please call us at (406) 657-1662, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat with us using the "Chat With Us" button on the Library's web pages.
The Montana State University Billings (MSUB) Back to Business Fall 2020 Action Plan requires that anyone entering an MSUB campus building, including residence halls, must wear a face covering. All MSU Billings students, faculty, staff, and visitors are required to wear a face covering on University and City College campus and on MSUB-leased properties.
This face covering requirement has been established because we respect and care for our own health and the health of every person that we encounter on campus and in our community. We choose to work together and do our part to limit the spread of this serious disease.
The Library adheres to all campus policies and face coverings are required at all times in the Library. Additional details regarding face coverings on campus can be found in the Face Covering Guidelines.
The Library has many online resources available virtually for the university community from on and off campus 24-7-365.
- More than 190 research databases: http://libguides.msubillings.edu/az.php
- Electronic books: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/getbooks.htm
- Streaming videos: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/getvideos.htm
- Research guides on a variety of topics (i.e. APA/MLA citation resources): http://libguides.msubillings.edu/?b=s
- Requests for electronic library resources are available through Interlibrary Loan: https://46371.account.worldcat.org/profile
- Good free websites with informative and authoritative content: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/goodfreewebs.htm
- Video tutorials on introductory library research and using select resources: https://libguides.msubillings.edu/c.php?g=242170&p=1609926
- For recreational reading MontanaLibrary2Go provides access to digital content, such as Audiobooks, eBooks, and Magazines for patrons of participating libraries throughout Montana.
- No overdue fines are being assessed from now until Monday September 13, 2021.
- Based on professional recommendations we are quarantining returned materials for 4 days. Returns are backdated to reflect the actual day they were returned.
Book returns are located outside the library at the north and south entrances.
- Questions? Please call the Circulation desk at (406) 657-1687.
- Library Lecture series postponed until further notice.
- Distinguished Discourse series postponed until further notice.
- All student outreach events cancelled until further notice.
For more information about COVID-19 at MSUB, please visit http://www.msubillings.edu/covid19central/