MSUB Library Services Updates
(as of 1/28/2021)
The Library is currently open to the university community. Please visit our Library Hours page for current hours and holiday exceptions. For research help please call us at (406) 657-1662 or email us at email@example.com.
The Montana State University Billings (MSUB) Back to Business Fall 2020 Action Plan requires that anyone entering an MSUB campus building, including residence halls, must wear a face covering. All MSU Billings students, faculty, staff, and visitors are required to wear a face covering on University and City College campus and on MSUB-leased properties.
This face covering requirement has been established because we respect and care for our own health and the health of every person that we encounter on campus and in our community. We choose to work together and do our part to limit the spread of this serious disease.
The Library adheres to all campus policies and face coverings are required at all times in the Library. Additional details regarding face coverings on campus can be found in the Face Covering Guidelines.
The Library has many online resources available virtually for the university community from on and off campus 24-7-365.
- More than 190 research databases: http://libguides.msubillings.edu/az.php
- Electronic books: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/getbooks.htm
- Streaming videos: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/getvideos.htm
- Research guides on a variety of topics (i.e. APA/MLA citation resources): http://libguides.msubillings.edu/?b=s
- Requests for electronic library resources are available through Interlibrary Loan: https://46371.account.worldcat.org/profile
- Good free websites with informative and authoritative content: http://www.msubillings.edu/library/goodfreewebs.htm
- Video tutorials on introductory library research and using select resources: https://libguides.msubillings.edu/c.php?g=242170&p=1609926
- For recreational reading MontanaLibrary2Go provides access to digital content, such as Audiobooks, eBooks, and Magazines for patrons of participating libraries throughout Montana.
- All items checked out after November 9, 2020 will be due on January 22, 2021 @ 5:00 pm. Library overdue fees will not be assessed between now and January 22, 2021 @ 5:00 pm.
- All items checked out before November 8, 2020 will be due on January 22, 2021 @ 5:00 pm. Faculty and staff items originally due after January 21, 2021 will not be affected.
- Items returned are quarantined for 4 days and will not be checked in until the 4th day. Returns are backdated to reflect the actual day they were returned. Library fees will not be assessed while these items are in quarantine.
Book returns are located outside the library at the north and south entrances.
- Questions? Please call the Circulation desk at (406) 657-1687.
- Library Lecture series postponed until further notice.
- Distinguished Discourse series postponed until further notice.
- All student outreach events cancelled until further notice.
For more information about COVID-19 at MSUB, please visit http://www.msubillings.edu/covid19central/