International Graduate Admissions
Graduate Admissions Required Material
International students must meet all admission requirements of Montana State University Billings in addition to the following:
- Complete the International Graduate Student Application
- Application Fee ($40.00): Graduate applicants are required to send $40 by money order, check, or wire transfer (cash is not encouraged). Please note that the application fee is non-refundable. Applicants will not be considered without the application fee.
- English Proficiency Proof: Students from non-English speaking countries must provide
evidence of proficiency in English by submitting an approved score from one of MSUB’s
approved English Proficiency tests, the TOEFL or IELTS. MSUB TOEFL institution code
Minimum TOEFL internet-based test score: 79
Minimum IELTS test score: 6.5
- Official results can be sent to the Office of Admissions and Records and the Office of Graduate Studies, Montana State University Billings, 1500 University Drive, Billings, MT 59101-0298.
- Requests for information on test procedures can be found at www.toefl.org or can be directed to the following address: Test of English as a Foreign Language , PO Box 899, Princeton, NJ 08540
* Provisional Admission: Applicants who do not have the required English language
proficiency test score
for full admission to MSU Billings but are academically qualified, may be considered for admission through
required attendance in the Intensive English Language Program.
- Certified copies of all certificates, degrees, and diplomas with a certified translation of the records
- An evaluated transcript from a credit evaluation service (i.e. AACRAO or ECE): All records of academic work completed outside of the U.S. or in non-English speaking countries must be submitted for a course by course evaluation to one of the following services:
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)
Please mail everything to:
Admissions & Records
Montana State University Billings
1500 University Drive
Billings, MT 59101-0298 U.S.A.
Or scanned copies can be emailed to:
International Application Due Dates
Fall semesters: June 1st
Spring semesters: October 1st
Summer semesters: February 1st