How do I start the application process?
Click on Request Program Information or contact City College New Student Services at (406) 247-3007 or

How do I register for online classes?
Click on the link that says "apply for admission" at When you've received confirmation, you will be able to register for classes. To register for classes, click on the link that says "register for classes." You will want to speak with an advisor.

Can I use financial aid for online classes?
Yes you can. To apply for financial aid, complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is located online at For more information about Financial Aid please contact our financial aidoffice.

Can I transfer credits to Montana State University Billings?
An advisor will be able to evaluate any transfer credits you may have from another school. MSUB accepts transfer credits from any accredited institution. Academic Advisors are available to evaluate transfer credits.

How does a general online class work?
Visit our e-Learning section to get an idea of how online classes work.

Do I have to be in class at a certain time for online classes?
Online courses allow the student the ability to learn at their convenience. Some classes will have deadlines for homework and testing. Some instructors may require weekly chats or discussions. These will be outlined in your course syllabus. If there is a conflict, please discuss this with your instructor.

What software do I need on my computer for online classes?
Software will be determined by the class you are in. For a complete listing of system requirements, please see our technical requirements.

How can I get my books for online classes?
You can order your books online from our online bookstore, Jackets & Company. Click on textbooks and select your course.

Are there tutors available for online students?
Check out our Academic Support Center.

What is a hybrid course? 
A hybrid course utilizes both online and the traditional classroom setting to enhance a student's learning environment.

How long is the paramedic program? 
The 1800-hour paramedic degree program (940-classroom / 860-clinical) is three semesters plus pre-requisite classes.

Do you offer a certificate program? 
No, we do not.

Do I need to be an EMT in order to apply to the paramedic program? 
No, you need to have a current NREMT-Basic card prior to starting the paramedic core classes. However, you do not need a current NREMT-Basic card to start the pre-requisite classes.

Can I take the pre-requisite classes in Fall and/or Spring semesters? 
Yes, you can take pre-requisite classes either semester or by transfer credit from another school.

Is there a competitive selection process for students to be accepted into the paramedic core classes? 
Yes, the competitive selection process looks at the student's pre-requisite grades, education, and patient care experience.

What immunizations and documentation are required for entrance into the paramedic program? 
You need to have a current NREMT-Basic card and CPR Health Care Provider card prior to starting the paramedic core classes. You also need to have documentation of immunity against mumps, measles, rubella (MMR), hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, and proof that a tuberculosis skin test has been done within the last calendar year.

Do you offer housing? 
Yes, we are a full service university with residence halls, book stores, cafeterias, advising centers, tutors, sporting activities, etc.

Who do I contact if I have any questions in general about the paramedic program? 
To Request additional information about the City College Paramedic program, please inquire here.