Career Services - Find a job, do an internship, plan your career!

Community Service Work Study Program for Employers

Please review Policy for Interaction with Employers.

The Community Service Work Study (CSWS) program is a federally-funded program designed to encourage students to work no more than 20 hrs/wk in eligible non-profit* agencies. Employers pay only 30% of the students' salaries plus workers' compensation, and federal work study funds pay 70%.

What employers say...

"This program is a win-win for the student, our organization, and the community.  We get to work with some terrific students, energetic and delightful workers.   Students learn about the not-for-profit world and why some people dedicate their lives to the mission of helping others.  The community wins because these students will find time to volunteer when they move into their careers.  Giving back is what life is all about."
--Kathleen O'Neal, Habitat for Humanity

"Alternatives, Inc. has hired several CSWS students after their successful placements here.  We have found them to be well- prepared and effective employees.  What a great way for the student and the agency to learn about each other and decide if there's a good fit."
--David Armstrong, Alternatives, Inc.

*In compliance with Title IV of the Higher Ed Act of 1965, agency work will not involve religious or political activity or be for the benefit of limited-membership organizations.

Please review Workers' Compensation & ins urance guidelines for employers hiring student workers.

Pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Executive Order 11246 as amended, Vietnam era and Disabled Veterans Act, as amended, and the Montana State Human Rights Act—Montana State University Billings has a policy of nondiscrimination in employment practices and in admissions, access to and conduct of educational programs and activities.

Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or marital status.  Any student, employee, applicant for admission or employment may file a discrimination grievance.  Inquiries or grievances should be directed to the Human Resources/EEO-AA Director in McMullen Hall Room 310, phone 406-657-2278.

Individuals with disabilities who require accommodations may review Policies & Procedures.

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings |