City College Day this Saturday from 10 AM to 1 PM
Open house offers tours, demonstrations, opportunities to meet with faculty, and information on admissions and financial aid
University Relations and Communications, 657-2266
MSU BILLINGS NEWS SERVICES — MSU Billings City College will host City College Day this Saturday (October 7) at the campus (3803 Central Avenue) from 10 AM to 1 PM. This open house is a great opportunity to tour the campus, see demonstrations from the different classes and fields of study, meet the faculty, and learn about admissions and financial aid.
City College Day is open to individuals of all ages who want to pursue higher education and/or advance their career in fields such as business, computers health and safety, industry, and transportation. There will be displays and demonstrations in multiple buildings. Attendees are encouraged to check in first at the City College Tech building to begin their tour.
The Health Sciences Building will feature:
Health and Safety
- A&P Laboratory/Pharmacy Technician – microscopes, science animation, and skeletons
- Nursing – computerized mannequins used for patient care simulations
- Radiology – demonstrations of taking and developing digital radiographs
- Paramedic – presentation of airway scenarios including oral intubation and cricothyrotomy
General Education will showcase some of the innovative ways City College teaches and provides learning opportunities, such as:
- Getting Smart with Smartboards
- Math Puzzles and Games
- Surfing the MSUB Library
- D2L Walkthrough
The Tech Building will feature:
Transportation and Welding
- Autobody – demonstration on how to remove a dent and airbrush paint
- Automotive – presentation on how to align a vehicle
- Diesel – use of the scan tool to diagnose engine problems
- Welding – demonstration on the CNC plasma machine and welding simulator
- Process Plant – making a batch of biodiesel using common vegetable oil
- Sustainable Energy – demonstrating the wind turbine
- Computer Systems Tech (Networking) – demonstrating the Standup Arcade Console using Raspberry Pi computer, Sphero, and Ollie robots
- Computer Desktop/Network Support – Working hands-on with desktops, servers, and other hardware
- Computer Programming and Application Development – demonstrating programming, web page with CSS and Java, and Raspberry Pi
- Discussion on job opportunities in the Billings community that are focused on business and HR
Admissions will be on hand to provide more information on application requirements and processes and dual enrollment. Financial aid will offer details about federal, state, and institutional funding opportunities and processes. Workforce Development/America’s Promise will have information about non-credit training opportunities and additional funding opportunities via the America’s Promise Grant.
For information or questions on City College Day this Saturday contact (406) 247-3007.