Card Issuance 

a student studies in the SUB just outside the Academic Success CenterStudents who apply to MSUB must be issued a GID (Generated ID) number before the U-Card can be issued. A photo ID is required when requesting a U-Card. However, University privileges are not available until the student has registered for class.


There is a $15.00 fee for a new U-Card. This fee is generally charged to first-time students on their first fee bill issued from the Business Services Office. All other cards will be charged at the time of production.

MSUB staff and faculty pay $15.00 for the U-Card. Departments are allowed to pay this fee, if it is for door access.

If the U-Card is lost, stolen, or damaged, there is a $15.00 replacement fee.

If an error occurs when a card is created, there is no charge for a replacement.

Lost or Stolen Cards

Lost U-Cards should be reported to the UCard Office. A simple call to 406-657-2023 will restrict the account from being used.

If a U-Card is found, it should be returned to the UCard Office located in First Floor McMullen Hall, West Side.

Your U-Card is your responsibility. In the event it is lost or stolen, you are liable for any charges until the UCard Office is notified.

Deposits, Refunds, and University Withdrawals

All students may deposit money into their U-Card account at the beginning of each semester.

Your U-Card deposit may be included on your bill at the beginning of the semester and may be included in your installment payments.

Deposits may also be added to your account anytime during the semester.

Deposits can be made with cash, check, and debit/credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) at the cashier window at Business Services.

U-Card general balances will transfer from semester to semester. This does not include meal plan balances.

Your U-Card account may be closed by request at Admissions & Records Office. A refund will be mailed to you less any financial obligation to the University.