Who is eligible?
- Student must be enrolled in a 4 year degree program at the MSUB senior campus or enrolled in the 2+2 program at City College.
- Student must also be a U.S. Citizen or be eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
- Student must meet at least one of the following
- Lower-income (according to Federal Government guidelines based on taxable income).
- First generation college students (meaning that neither parent has a bachelors degree).
- Documented physical or learning disability.
What is the SOS/TRiO Application Process?
- Students must fill out an application. Please get your applications in as soon as possible as there is an application deadline and space is limited to 250 participants. Any student may be accepted into SOS/TRiO, regardless of age or year in school.
- Once a complete application is received and program eligibility is determined, the student will be contacted to schedule an interview. Each eligible student must provide proof of income or disability at this time. Also, each eligible student must bring along their U-Card.
- After the interview, the student will be notified about their acceptance status into the program via acceptance letter. If accepted, the student will be assigned a mentor and can begin to utilize any of the services SOS/TRiO provides.
Student Opportunity Services/TRiO
Library, LI 141
1500 University Drive
Billings, MT 59101-0245
Monday - Friday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Phone: (406) 657-2162
Fax: (406) 657-1667