a student in a computer lab
In an effort to reward students who are academically successful and living in the residence halls at Montana State University-Billings, we have developed the Academic Rewards Program as a part of our Academic Support Program.


  1. You must be currently enrolled as a full time student

    • 12 or more credits for undergraduate students
    • 9 or more credits for graduate students
  2. You must have lived in the residence halls at Montana State University Billings for at least one semester within the past two years prior to the semester you will receive the incentive.

  3. You must have maintained a 3.75 MSUB Institution cumulative GPA.


  1. You are eligible to receive a single room for the price of a double room for the upcoming semester, if one is available. (For example, if you have a 3.75 cumulative GPA at the end of Spring Semester, you will receive the room discount for Fall).


  1. If you are in a double room, you can receive $150.00 on your U-Card general account to use toward book purchases. (For example, if you have a 3.75 cumulative GPA at the end of Spring semester, you will receive the $150.00 on your U-Card at the beginning of Fall semester.)


  1. Students who move out of the residence halls during the semester, will receive a room refund based on the double room rate.

  2. Students who receive the $150.00 on their U-card must live on campus throughout the entire semester. If a student decides to move out prior to the end of the semester, he/she will be required to forfeit a prorated portion of the $150.00. If a student has already spent the entire $150.00 on his/her U-card, he/she will be charged on his/her account for the portion of this $150.00 that he/she is no longer eligible to receive.

  3. Students who are housing staff members receiving room and/or board compensation are eligible for the $150 U-Card award only.

  4. This program is not available during the summer sessions and applies only to fall and spring semesters.

  5. The incentive money is listed as a "scholarship" on your account and is reported to financial aid as a scholarship. This will be considered as an additional resource when figuring your financial aid.