While there are courses offered every semester that have a research component (listed below), many of those are specific to a certain program, and your major might not offer similar courses. In such cases, there are still ways to enroll in research at MSUB. Here are the most common ways students achieve this:
- Talk with your advisor about creating a research-based independent study.
- Add a research component to a course you're already taking via an Honors contract.
Be aware that most research courses are for upper-level (juniors and seniors) or graduate students. However, if you are interested in research, the best time to start discussing those possibilities with your advisor is as soon as possible!
Sections with Research Components offered Spring 2020
- ACT 499: Senior Thesis/Capstone
- BIOB 490: Undergraduate Research
- CHMY 490: Undergraduate Research
- COMX 499: Capstone
- EDCI 699: Graduate Thesis
- ENST 490: Undergraduate Research
- HADM 494: Rural Culture & Health - Morocco
- HSTA 499: Capstone
- KIN 364: Research Methods in Health & Human Performance
- SOCI 499: Capstone
- SPED 599: Graduate Thesis
- SPNS 499: Capstone
Are you a faculty member who would like to add your research course to our list? If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the information.