Recreation COVID-19 Update
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES UPDATE
On Monday, June 1st, the MSUB Recreation Center will reopen with strict guidelines. Recreation Activities is committed to doing all that we can to diminish its spread. We ask, as caring members of the broader MSUB community, that the COVID-19 policies listed below be observed to reduce the risk of infection to yourselves, your fellow users, and your loved ones. Please continue to check our website (msubillings.edu/recactivities/) for more information and updates, as well as, the Montana State University Billings COVID-19 website.
- Recreation Center will open Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm. Hours will be evaluated in the coming weeks and maybe expanded later this summer.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19: fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, etc… PLEASE STAY HOME. Do not come to Recreation Center.
- Recreation Center cannot sell day passes. Center is only open to current students, members or or new members.
- Members are Encouraged to wear masks whenever possible.
- Members are strongly encouraged to come to Recreation Center dressed in attire for appropriate their activity. Locker-rooms are open, but primarily to be used as restrooms. Users are encouraged to change clothes and shower at home.
- Social distancing will be maintained in locker rooms and other common areas. No congregating in these areas will be allowed.
- All equipment must be wiped down by the user when they are finished using the equipment.
- It is encouraged that the equipment be wiped down prior to use as well. There will be disposable towels made available for use instead of the towels normally used. Recreation staff will be scheduled in Fitness Center to ensure users wipe down equipment after use and provide additional cleaning.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be available throughout the facility. Everyone should sanitize your hands often.
- Recreation Center will have capacity restrictions: Fitness Center limited to 20 users, Courts limited to 10 users, and Running track limited to 4 users at a time.
- A six-foot distance will be maintained between all equipment. This will be accomplished by closing some cardio and weight equipment.
- Members using free weights shall maintain six feet of separation except when a spotter is necessary. In this instance, workout groups shall be limited to two people.
- The climbing wall, north balcony, pool (for repairs), saunas will be closed until further notice.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work through this interesting time.
Take care of yourselves and be well.