Suspicious Behaviour and Personal Safety
Each campus of MSU Billings is considered to be a safe campus. At night, however, there are many areas that are not regularly traveled or occupied. Please stay in well-lit areas and be conscious of your personal safety.
If you notice an individual in your area or elsewhere on campus who is behaving in an unusual, disorderly, intoxicated or suspicious manner:
- Call University Police at (x2222) and await further instructions.
- Be prepared to provide information on the person’s description, location of the problem (using room number if possible) your name and the phone extension from which you are calling.
- Keep a safe distance from the person. Watch him or her if it is safe to do so.
- Do not attempt to talk with or confront the individual yourself.
To avoid being in a vulnerable or unsafe position:
- Be observant and aware of your surroundings at all times. If you feel unease about a strange person or unusual noise, call University Police at (x2222) IMMEDIATELY.
When you leave any building after hours and need assistance, University Police will be happy to accompany you.