Student Advisement & Support Center
The goal of the Student Advisement and Support Center is to assist students in designing academic plans that enable them to complete their program requirements as efficiently as possible. We realize that students take courses through the MSU Billings Online program for a number of reasons.
Advising Center Services
Advising for students taking online courses is generally completed through telephone or email contacts and may include any of the following services:
- Responding to inquiries about undergraduate online courses and degree requirements.
- Determining how students intend to use online courses (Degree Completion or Personal Interest).
- Collecting information from students about their academic background and academic goals.
- Developing advising files to include academic program worksheets, transcripts and plans of study.
- Evaluating transcripts and applying credits toward degree requirements.
- Developing long-range plans of study that specify courses needed to complete degree requirements.
- Confirming students' academic plans.
- Assisting students in completing degree requirements as efficiently as possible.
Advising for New Students
To enable us to effectively ensure that all of our new online students get off to a great start, all new and transfer students wishing to take online courses are encouraged to visit with an advisor from the Advisement & Support Center prior to beginning their online classes.
To speak with an advisor about your academic goals and degree plans, please call the Advising Center at (406) 657-2240.
Advising for Returning Students
To ensure the ongoing academic success for our online students, all returning online students are encouraged to maintain contact with their academic advisor as they progress through the stages of developing and completing a plan of study that is tailored to meet their unique interests and needs. Whether you are a new, transfer, or returning online student, please contact us to let us know how we can best assist you in achieving your academic goals.
To Contact Us
For advising assistance, please contact the Academic Advising Center at (406) 657-2240 or via email us.
For general information about MSU Billings Online, contact us via email.