Roland C. Holt Collection
Processed by: EW
Date Completed: 12-8-2007
Location: Special Collections
3 linear feet
This collection came to the library through MSU Billings history Professor – Thomas C. Rust. It is tied to the WWII oral history project (2007.01). This gentleman was not part of the oral history project, but he knew of the project and asked that his items please be added to the collection when he passed on.
Scope & contents
World War II memorabilia (1944-1948): a Navy scrapbook with photos and newspapers clippings, military papers, medals, Presidential citations, newspapers, and foreign occupation money.
Arrangement of Collection
All loose items are placed within a gray storage container. The scrapbook and framed medals are stored within their own individual flat storage containers.
Roland C. Holt collection is open to all students, faculty and researchers. The items will not circulate, but they may be viewed within the special collection area. The Archivist will determine whether the items can be photocopied. The condition and origin of item will help determine whether it can be photocopied along with following the guidelines of the copyright act.
Organization of Collection
The collection is organized based upon the large brown envelopes that contained the individual items.
- 1.0 My Discharge and other Navy Papers
- 1.1 Death Certificate
- 2.1 Gold Star & Air Medal citations
- 2.2 Presidential Unit Citation
- 2.3 Citations for Air medal and Gold stars, Distinguished Flying Cross, and copy of Presidential Unit Citation
- 3.0 Patrol Bombing Squadron 117
- 4.0 JET Journal – Friday, March 25, 1994
- 5.0 Blue Raiders VFB-117 Association (1990, 1992, 1998 newsletters)
- Foreign occupation money
- 7.0 Newspapers
- 8.0 Snaps & Scraps My Life in the Navy - Scrapbook
- 9.0 Aviator’s Flight Log book – 2
- 10.0 Diary of Overseas Duty
- 11.0 Medals framed
- 12.0 License plate holder
Related Collection: World War II Oral History Collection