Through participation in the LEAD@MSUB, first-year students will: 1) gain an increased awareness of the Montana State University Billings (MSUB) environment and strategies for success at MSUB; 2) receive mentorship and support from fellow first-year students, MSUB student leaders, and MSUB faculty and staff; and, 3) engage in leadership development, while also learning about MSUB leadership opportunities.
- Receive an individualized introduction to MSUB.
- Have opportunities to ask questions of MSUB student leaders, administrators, faculty, and staff.
Mentorship and Support
- Interact with first-year colleagues who also have similar interests in leadership.
- Share questions and concerns about beginning the MSUB experience with fellow first-year students and student leaders.
- Build relationships with other student leaders, staff and faculty.
- Build a relationship with campus resources and leadership involvement opportunities.
Leadership Training and Opportunities
- Grow leadership capacity througha leadership course.
- Better understand their personal leadership style and how it can impact their experience.
- Begin to identify how their experiences can create more leadership opportunities in the future.