Installing WebEx Components
WebEx requires software to be installed prior to participating in a WebEx meeting. This software can be installed beforehand or at the time of your meeting.
To install the software beforehand:
1. Log into your WebEx account and click the "Meeting Center" tab on the top of the screen and then click the "Start Meeting" button to start a test meeting.
2. If you have never used WebEx on your computer before, you will be prompted to install software.
- Windows Installation Steps: Click the "Download and Agree" button. You may be prompted to "Run or Save" the file, usually you can choose "Run".
- Mac Installation Steps: After you download the package, it will be saved in a folder on the computer. You will need to open the folder and double-click on the file inside to start the installation.
3. After the package is installed you will briefly see a "Starting Webex" screen.
4. Your personal meeting room will open now. This confirms you've installed the necessary software for future use. Note: If you use another browser or computer, you may be prompted to download and install the software again.
- Mobiles and Tablets only: Tablets and mobile phones running Android or iOS (like iPads) require installation of the Cisco WebEx app from the relevant app store.