Read and Write
What is Read&Write?
MSUB IT has purchased a campus-wide license for Read&Write. MSUB students, faculty and staff can use Read&Write on all MSUB owned computers or download to use at home. Read&Write is a software solution that provides accessibility and literacy assistance for students, readers, writers, individuals with learning disabilities and English language learners. Read&Write includes support tools that can be used from school, work or home!
Read&Write is an easy to use, customizable toolbar that integrates with applications such as Microsoft Word, web browsers (like Internet Explorer and Chrome), Adobe Reader and many more.
Improves Reading Fluency and Comprehension
Facilitates Research, Writing, Studying, and Test Taking
- Includes Homophone and Sound-alike Dictionaries
- Includes Verb Checker and Advanced Spell Check
Encourages Independence and Inclusion
Provides UDL Tools that Benefit ALL Students across all RTI Tiers
Read & Write 11 Take Home For Download End User Instructions
The 4 MSU campuses are providing Read&Write (Literacy Support - Improvement of Reading and Writing) access to students, faculty, and staff. Read&Write allows their software to be installed on home computers in addition to campus computers. The installation files and instructions have been uploaded into an Office 365 folder accessible by all faculty, staff, and students. Below are the instructions for users desiring the software.
- Visit https://montanaedu.sharepoint.com/sites/msub/readwrite/ via a web browser.
- Log in with your Office 365 credentials (MSUB email address plus password).
- Download the installation files and instruction guide appropriate to your computer's operating system.
- Follow the instructions to install the software.