Address Changes

Address changes for MSU Billings employees must be made through the Human Resources Office in McMullen Hall, Room 310.  Students of MSU Billings who are not employed by the University should make address changes through the Admissions and Records Office in McMullen Hall, Room 107.

Employees may obtain an Address Change Card from the Human Resources Office or may send an e-mail message to  Please indicate the address type you wish to change (i.e. Mailing Address, Permanent Address, Both, or Campus Office Address) and include all of the following information in your message:

  • Full Name
  • Social Security Number
  • Banner ID Number
  • Previous Address
  • New Address
  • New Telephone Number
  • Effective Date of the change

**Please be aware that changing your Mailing Address will affect Paycheck, Schedule/bill, Transcript, and Mail distribution .**

Name Changes

Employee Name Changes can only be made in the Human Resources Office in McMullen Hall, Room 310. 

**A copy of the Social Security Card is REQUIRED for all Name Changes.**

Montana State University Billings is required to issue all paychecks in the name as it reads on the Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration. 

If you need to obtain a new or replacement Social Security Card, you may contact the Social Security Administration at:

Social Security Administration
2900 4th Avenue North, Rm 100
Billings, MT 59101
Phone:  (406) 247-7265
Hours:   Mon.-Fri., 9am to 4:pm

Facebook icon
Flikr icon
Instagram icon
Twitter icon
YouTube icon
MSUB mobile app icon
A-Z Index: A | B |C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | 406.657.2011 | 800.565.6782 | © 2010 Montana State University Billings |