This degree program allows students to develop a comprehensive plan for advanced study in an area of education other than those specifically designed programs in the department. Programs of study in this option must include coursework from a minimum of two programs. This degree program is not applicable for teacher licensure.
Students pursuing degrees in this program area will have an Advisory Committee, which consists of faculty from at least two departments. The Advisory Committee will meet with the student and approve the program of study.
Most of the courses in this program are offered in the evening and some are offered online allowing for flexible completion of the program.
Online: Some Online
Evening Classes: Yes
Program Length: If you take a full load of 9 credits per semester, you could finish this program in about 5-6 semesters.
Some school districts that have hired our graduates
- Billings School District #2
- Billings Catholic Schools
- Hot Springs Co. School District, Thermopolis, WY
- Laurel Public Schools
- Fairview Public Schools
- Big Timber Public Schools
- Hardin School District
- Lavina Public Schools
- Park City Schools
- Mesa Public Schools, Mesa, AZ
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Graduate GPA (if applicable) of at least 3.0
- Completed Graduate Record Examination
- Complete Graduate Student Application
- Submit Official Transcripts from all Institutions Attended
- Payment of Nonrefundable $40 Application Fee
- Submit Admission Test Scores - GRE
Get the Details
Please contact the office of Graduate Studies for information about this program, admission requirements, application forms, graduate assistantships and other scholarship information.
Contact us as well for information about any of our graduate degree programs.
Our office is located in McMullen Hall, Room 200. The office is open from 8:00 to 5:00 (Mountain time) Monday through Friday. Office: 406-657-2238 Fax: 406-657-2302.